Wednesday 17 July 2024

Free Speech

 I've left this for a couple of days but this morning I came across a still-highlighted column - that I won't link to, it would only encourage the bastard. It was a couple of days old but still there.

I've just made peanut butter and while doing the dishes from that (my only automatic dishwasher is creating this comment) I had time to think about it.

To explain, I am a right-wing liberal and as such believe in free speech. Not just free speech I agree with but the right for ALL people to speak freely.

I was dismayed over the last few days to read several people who claim to also be right-wing (although mainly conservative) using their free speech to call out others for exercising their right to speak.

The two people targeted were two people I detest.

Helen Clarke and Don Brash.

They are calling for New Zealand to remain neutral rather than the current Government align us with one side in the most likely major clash in the near future.

Free speech is the one thing we have left that gives us a chance to regain hope, happiness and relative wealth.

Free speech, consequently, is constantly under attack from the scum, such as the racists, the communists, the sexists and, more recently, the pooftas.

Free speech also allows us to hear what the other guy thinks (and wants), analyse that and then explain why he is wrong.

Free speech, for every person on the planet, is the most important goal for mankind.

We must protect it, not try to limit it to only speech we agree with.

FREE SPEECH!

No comments:

Post a Comment