Friday 12 July 2024

movin'

 I moved house. For health reasons I had to move out of my caravan and into a unit - Dr's orders.

I needed a fair bit of new furniture. The first three (bed, washing machine and bigger refrigerator) were easy.

The only thing that changes about Harvey Norman is the name of their sales. A month's pension and I had all three - delivered and installed.

I then needed some other stuff, like bookcases, bedroom furniture,  desks, table + chairs etc.

I went second hand with the table and chairs - including 6 chairs (one a wooden arm chair) and paid about a tank of diesel for my Hilux for the lot.

The armchair is brilliant reading in the sun.

There is some amazing kitset stuff out there very cheap. My only bookcase is black metal with oak so I stuck with the theme. Two desks with attached bookcases, delivered, cost me about $180. add the bedroom lowboy with top and bedside cabinet and I have change from $250.

Only the cabinet was assembled.

Today, having assembled some of the other stuff, I tackled the first of the desks.

Allowing for my hernia and the problems that causes I thought about 2 1/2 hours (with remarkable little swearing) was OK - until the final process when I found out why the price was so low. The final process was putting together the two assembled pieces to make one desk but there were no suitable screws supplied.

Four hours was still an acceptable time when you add in the trip to the next town to buy 4 bolt and nuts.

Tomorrow the TV stand and accompanying TV, Monday PM, assuming it arrives, the second desk/bookcase.

Listen for the swearing - it'll probably be audible in Kataia.

No comments:

Post a Comment