Friday 23 August 2024

Life - maybe this is it

 Today was my 71st birthday.

One year ago today my world changed.

On my 70th birthday my landlord, a man I imagined was a friend for the last 16 years, told me he was a liar and I would have to move out of the flat that was "mine until until I died" wasn't and his whore wanted it for his whorespawn.

I would have to move out.

No worries thought I, I will move to my son's place.

Over the years I have supported my son to buy his own house and done everything I could to make his home ownership successful. He had invited me to join him.

Unfortunately he is a drug addict subject to mood swings, I lasted but two months there before I had to leave.

I purchased a caravan and moved to Woodend Beach Holiday Park,

I have never been happier, the people there are fantastic people, living there was great  ..... BUT

I got hurt. I developed a hernia problem that became a serious problem.

My doctor not just ordered me to change my living arrangements but initiated a series of events that has seen me move into a state house (read "pensioner flat") in Kaiapoi.

I sat in the sun today, over the day I have consumed a bottle of bubbles, a bottle of Pinot Gris, have had the meal I chose (I preferred, after serious consideration, not to dine out) and for the first time in years, I'm contented. I'm happy!

That's it. I'm happy!


No comments:

Post a Comment