The headline:
'Everything just happened so fast': Dad captures moment car skids off black ice
A useful story that reminds every driver of rural roads that it has been a wetter than most winter on the east coast and is cold. Black ice can be a hazard in any shaded spot.
It was the headline that attracted me.
I have slid on black ice several times over the years, both while driving and while walking. Sometimes as a quick slip, sometimes a longer, rather attention-grabbing slide. Luckily I have never damaged either my vehicle or myself while out of control.
I have met several who have.
Every time I have encountered black ice, every time I remember anyway, it has been the slowness in which the utter helplessness has unfolded that has been most concerning - particularly in a vehicle.
Sitting for what seems like an eternity waiting for the vehicle to stop so that control can be retrieved is one of the worst feelings ever.
Nothing in that experience ever happened "so fast"!
No comments:
Post a Comment