Thursday 30 May 2024

Great Place, even Greater People

 I want to be positive for a change. Those who are unfortunate enough to have read any of my outpourings will, no doubt, already be heading for the hills.

Anyway, positive.

With all the negative, sub-human crap dominating discussion at the moment I thought I'd share a good story.

I have had health problems the last year culminating (I hope) in current hernia and subsequent mobility problems.

That's positive? No, necessary background.

I needed to shorten a step to enable me to move around my home. A visit to a recycling yard called Graceworks (Mulcocks Rd. Rangiora, off lineside Rd) and I was given some flat blocks of wood perfect for the job. Payment was refused.

I live in North Canterbury - Woodend Beach - and advertised for a mobility scooter I could buy or hire, hoping a second hand one would be available in my price range,

A wonderful young lady, a mother of two, from Waikuku contacted me and has given me the use of her families device, at no cost. Britt is obviously a beautiful person.

I then needed a ramp to get the scooter out of the elements. Back to Graceworks where, for the cost of a (very) few coins, I was given a sheet of ply perfect for the job.

None of these people, the gentleman at Graceworks or the fantastic young lady from Waikuku had met me before their kindness.

When I do move, shop, etc within North Canterbury I have found people to be patient, kind and helpful. A gentleman from Rangiora Mitre10 happily carried the rather heavy purchase I made to my vehicle yesterday, made room for the box and placed it where I could remove it when I got home.

I live here by choice and have found that choice to be a good one.

People of North Canterbury, I thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment